A post card stating: St. Theresa Oratory, Creevelea, Drumkeerin, Co Leitrim. Originally, a Presbyterian Church, built in early 1853.
The church owes its origin as a congreation to the opening of iron and coal mines in the Creevelea locality which were owned by a Scotch company. The principal managers and skilled workers were Scotch and Presbyterian. The church and the minister's house became the property of the Catholic Curate around 1913 and the church was consecrated as a Catholic Oratory in 1930.
N40 03' 09.4"
W75 24' 14.1"
Last updated July 14, 1999
Return to the beginning