The O'Rourke Family Castle at Drumahaire

The O'Rourke Family Castle at Drumahaire

This is an etching of the Plantation castle that replaced the O'Rourke Castle very near the O'Rourke family chapel, Abbey of Creevelea on the Bonnett River. Part of the Banquet room is the only original part of teh O'Rourke castle.

The oldest gravestone in the Abbey of Creevelea is one for Hugh O'Rourke and Catherine McTernan, put there in May of 1721. On the gravestone is inscribed a heart, club, diamond and spade along with the figure of a cat.



Michael McTiernan

N40 03' 09.4"
W75 24' 14.1"

michael@mctiernan.com

Last updated Dec 14, 1998

Return to the beginning